Monday, August 26, 2013

Fingers Crossed

Do you know what the date is today?

August 26.

Do you know why that date has meaning?

Come on, you know...

Think about it...

...but seriously, if you know me, you can easily figure it out.

Does this help?



Um...yeah. LAST YEAR, on August 26, a bat made his nasty way into my house.

If you forgot about that, feel free to read this

As you may imagine, I'm petrified of what may happen today or in the next few days. I'm carrying around tennis rackets and have them posted in every room of my house. I am NOT looking for a three-peat here.

There is a slight possibility that I have bat "proofed" my house. This year I:
  • Had the attic fan closed off (the little buggers were HIBERNATING against the attic fan)
  • Had the exhaust to my shower fan fixed so there wasn't a gaping hole into the attic
  • Had the screen replaced on my exterior vent
Peek at the old vent screen:



For realz, that ish is NASTY! (I made Mom set it down so I could take a pic -- I did NOT touch it). Apparently when he replaced the screen, there was bat poop everywhere!

So, let's all cross our fingers and say a little prayer. Bats are the worst thing EVER and I will lose it if another one gets in my house.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment