Monday, September 30, 2013

Makeover Monday - Adventures in Foundation

I'm on the hunt for a great liquid foundation...and I'm having a rough time finding one.

For a bit of a back story, I have tanned since high school. Yep, full on tanning bed, bronzed tan. And, I look AWESOME with a good tan. AWESOME.

However, in the last couple of years I have gotten Rosacea. The type I have is the really red, blotchy, dry Rosacea. Thankfully, I didn't get the bumpy kind, but it still totally sucks.

For a couple of years, the tanning would fix the Rosacea. While tanning dries out some skin, it actually is quite hydrating on mine - something with natural oils, blah, blah, blah.

Anywho, the tanning is no longer working. I'm pretty sure that it is actually making it worse and some studies say that the Rosacea might even have been caused by sun damage. So, I stopped tanning about a month or so ago.

Wow - that was a really long explanation of why my foundation no longer matches my skin. But, that's it -- I'm lighter, so I need a lighter foundation.

Well, they no longer make the foundation type I was using, so I'm testing out new.

On Friday, I purchased some Urban Decay Naked foundation. TERRIBLE. It didn't blend well, really flaked my dry areas, and was a bit too yellow. So...I returned that on Sunday.

Now, I'm trying Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. The color is dead on. (YES, of COURSE I had the guy at the Ulta counter match my skin - that is most certainly a skill I do not possess. I would have walked away with a way wrong shade) It didn't blend as well as my old kind did and there was a tiny bit of flaking, but I actually going to try it a few more times. I'm pretty sure that I'm a bit dehydrated, so I'm going to drink a ton of water over the next few days and see what happens.

Ultimately, I'm up for any recommendations. I am combination skin, I like a matte to dewy finish, want something that is long wear and full coverage.

Do you have any foundation recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment