Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Definition of Love...

...is getting your sister out of a rectal exam.

So, many of you know but I found it necessary to write a blog about Sarah.

I started writing all the details and then deleted it all. Nobody wants to hear the hour by hour breakdown.

My baby sister, Sarah, is having the worst first week of College ever. She has been in the hospital continuously since Thursday. Doctor's think it is colitious, but they aren't positive which type yet -- chronic would be chrons disease, but we are just hoping for an infection which isn't chronic.

I spent the night in the hospital with her (and mom) on Friday and Saturday. It was hard to leave her there today, but I have to work tomorrow.

It is obviously also really hard watching her in pain and NEEDING to push her pain pump every 8 minutes. (I got it lowered from 10 because in the beginning it wasn't enough)

...and, yes...they keep wanting to inspect her colon. Mom and I wouldn't let them check it out on Saturday night. I would have physically prevented the doctor had he tried. (Seriously, it wasn't necessary -- I promise)

Mom and I don't trust the hospital -- but we think they have the right diagnosis at this point. The test results should be in tomorrow to determine what type she has.

Probably one of the most horrific things I have seen was when she woke up screaming at 3am on Saturday morning...I just can't handle HER in pain...afterall, she is the baby.

All that I can ask is that everyone keep her in your thoughts and prayers. It may heal quickly and that's all I ask that people pray for. She is obviously very special to me and I am very worried. Mom is exhausted but certainly won't leave her side.

I love my Sarah -- Get Better Soon, Pumpkin!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still thinking of your sister (and Mom!) and praying for them. I hope she is doing better soon! I'm not a doctor, but I worked in med/surg long enough to know that abdominal pain can be really hard to diagnose and treat. So, try to trust the doctors taking care of her...and trust that God is watching over her!

    ReplyDelete