Monday, May 3, 2010

Not Sushi and Naughty School Girls

One of my best friends, Kirsti, just finished her Master's Degree in Accounting from Grand Valley State University. As a celebration, I went out to dinner with her, her husband and her parents. We went to Ichiban. Have you ever been? It is the best Japanese Steakhouse/Sushi in the city...really.

We DID end up going out drinking...which was quite fun and I wish I had photos to show...this is the only one I have...aren't you jealous?


I had posted on my Facebook that I was going to have sushi. I didn't. I had hibachi shrimp.

Now, I did a bit of shopping this weekend and found a great deal on this dress:


Cute, right?

I thought so and have a million dresses with this fit so I thought it would be perfect. Right?

Wrong.

About 20 minutes after I got to work, I felt eyes on me...

Soon I realized (by all the creepers staring at me) that I probably looked a bit like this:

Ok, maybe not...but perhaps a bit like this:


Needless to say, I felt like all eyes were on me.

I even asked someone (in a panicked tone) if I looked like a "naughty school girl".
Her response?
"You look totally hot!"
Awesome - yet I felt a bit out of place. Not the example I would like to set.

I guess it's just another day in my life :)

Oh, and the cost? $5.68. Yep -- thank you coupons :) Tami - are you proud of me?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I've been to Ichiban! Haven't been there in awhile though, and I'm not convinced it's the best Japanese steakhouse in the city. I'm just sayin.

    Awesome deal on the dress! Target? I think the dress is cute, but Shawn hates those dresses, so I don't have any:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dress is cute, but I can see how it was misinterpreted. And...why is that the only picture of drinking and going out you have?!?! Rude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dress! I'm glad you had fun and congratulations to your friend. That is a big accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the dress is cute. Tell Kirsti congratulations for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 Ichiban is the BEST! I usually get the "full show" I think thats what its called, eat too much, but its worth it
    #2 School girl outfit?? I didn't see that. Was a too short, too tight? Hmmm... I'm sure people just cant handle the sazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the dress, I think whenever someone see's a plaid skirt they automatically associate it with a school girl...

    Since you didn't have sushi that means you, jess, chris and I have to go out for some SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete