Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sazzlerific Memorial Day

What a busy weekend!!!

Friday night I started the weekend out right by seeing this movie with my friend, Kirsti (KPJ):


The movie was great. Ok, maybe critics don't like it, but it is the Sex and the City girls!!! I could watch 15 movie re-makes...I don't care if I am watching Samantha hit on guys in the retirement home -- I will be there!

Oh, but funny fact about the movie. KPJ and I are sitting there, eating our popcorn and group after group of women come in...all groups of 4 wearing heels. Ok, I am super girly but really? As much as we all would like to be Carrie -- we are not her. Hi, I am Stephanie. I am not Carrie but I totally Sazzle!

The only downside to the movie was that I put too much salt on my popcorn. So much, in fact, that I burnt off my taste buds...literally. On Sunday I thought I had a hair in my mouth and couldn't find it with my finger. I looked in the mirror and found that it was actually my tongue peeling...yes, peeling...off. It had healed and peeling was part of the process. According to my mom, it was disgusting :)

But, before I talk too much about Sunday, I should talk about Saturday. Saturday I felt like a spoiled princess because I got my nails did and the whole process was part of a photo shoot. Yeah, I'm kinda a big deal :) Here are some pics of the process:


It is a new process, called "Shellac". Basically it is a hybrid of polish and gel. The nails are supposed to stay bright and pretty for up to 14 days. It cures under a UV lamp.

I went to Friends Salon and Spa. They hooked me up with a great deal. It's only $25 for the manicure -- which should last at least a week without any chipping!

Here is my favorite pic from the photo shoot:


Perhaps I was checking my Facebook after they were finished :)
So far I am 3.5 days in and I only have one tiny chip -- but that chip is on my texting finger, so I blame myself. I shouldn't use my nails as "tools". I'll let you know how long they last!

Saturday night was spent with my girl, Amy. She had a cookout at her house so a few of us ate some great food and drank a few beers. Good times and nice weather. Sorry, I didn't take any pics :(

However...Amy owes me a few pics so I can blog about my birthday party.

I spent Sunday and Monday in Fremont with my family. My "baby" sister, Sarah is graduating from High School and her party was on Monday.
I can't believe how old she makes me feel!!! I used to change her diapers!!!

While I was helping mom prepare and make food (I did actually help a bit), the "kids" got together. Max (my brother, Kevin's dog), Molly (mom's dog), and Niko "played" together. And when I mean play, I mean bite each other, run around like crazies, and wrestle until they can't breathe.

Here's a few of the kids together:


Now, on with the party. Sarah did a great job -- and so did mom.

Mom set up a 15-minute power point of pictures of Sarah.


Sarah mingled as she should


We took the classic "sisters" picture


The kids and I apparently were surprised and/or "creepy"


AND...biggest news of all --- do you know that my brother, Kevin, now has a girlfriend?!?!

Yes, yes he does. Her name is Ashley and she is a very nice girl. Finally Kevin!!!


Great Weekend. Very busy. Now I'm off to bed.

Sazzle on dear friends! Sazzle on!

2 comments:

  1. The creeper picture is definitely my fave!! Love your nails, only wish I had that kind of cash flow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the creeper picture too!

    Oh, and hello to Tami and my new friend Amy!

    I'm a little mad that you haven't blogged about your birthday party yet, what gives?

    I'm with Tami about the nails too, they look great!

    ReplyDelete