Wednesday, November 10, 2010

H1N1 and Herpies?

Like many of you, I had H1N1 last fall. Quite frankly, it really sucked. I had a fever for 9 days straight, lost 6 pounds (ok, not so bad), and had absolutely no energy whatsoever.

Now, I'm thinking there is more to the illness than just being flu-like...

For the past year, I have been more sick than I have been in the last 29 years. I randomly get fevers that come on in the middle of nowhere and disappear in a couple of hours. I get more headaches. I get more colds. I have more sinus pressure. I need more sleep. I throw up more often. ...and the list goes on.

Yes, I realize I am getting old, but we aren't going there now...

I legitimately, seriously, honestly believe there is more to H1N1 than just being the flu. It was the super flu, wasn't it? Almost everyone I know that had H1N1 has been more sick in the last year than they have been in years.

Doctors should do a study on this. I truly believe that H1N1 does something to the immune system. I believe that when I come in contact with certain bacteria, I then get sick for a bit.

...it is almost like it causes "out-breaks"... perhaps like how Herpies works...

Did any of you have H1N1? How have YOU felt in the last year?

2 comments:

  1. I had H1N1 this past spring and I have felt like poo on and off often since then. I seriously think you are on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph,
    I agree I had H1N1 last fall for about 10 days was super sick. I have been sick this fall for weeks...I just can;t seem to shake it. colds, sinus, headaches etc...I thought I was crazy....

    ReplyDelete