Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome 2010!!!

2009 was the worst year of my life. However, I have very high hopes for 2010.

Well, I have already started off the new year right. Last night I had my first date in 6 years.

Matt works with my friend, Stephanie. He has his Master's degree and works as a therapist. When he told Stephanie that he needed help organizing his DVDs, she obviously told him to meet her geeky, organizational freak friend (me).

Yesterday I went over to Matt's place - a cute apartment in towntown Grand Rapids and helped him alphabatize about 800 DVDs. We had a great conversation - he is easy to talk to.

Matt is the guy that you marry. He is smart, educated, funny, and cute. He isn't exactly the type I normally go for, but we all know that I usually go for jerks - so I feel I should change it up a bit.

After casually commenting on the fact that I haven't had a date in 6 years, Matt said that he was going to take me out.

Last night we met up at a sports bar to watch the MSU bowl game. We had some appetizers and beer and cheered on the team. At half time, the bar was starting to clear out so we finished watching the game at my place.

Perhaps we made out a bit. Perhaps Niko doesn't understand what is happening when Mommy gets kissed and jumped up on the couch licking both of our faces...quite embarrassing.

All and all, I think 2010 is going to be a great year and we shall see how things work out with Matt - we plan on hanging out on Friday....

BTW: Found this picture of Matt online and stole it :)




11 comments:

  1. Matt has a great green outfit!!

    -Your brother, Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I was thinking the SAME thing! he's a little shorter than you normally go for! ;) hehehe... sorry :)
    no, but seriously in this pic he looks just like david's brother, stephen!!! :) that's a good thing :) his smile, stance, and style! lol! :)
    sounds like off to a good start :) maybe niko will be good for birth control! LOL! sorry, couldn't resist! :)
    I know 2010 is going to be a great one for you, steph! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From this picture he totally looks like Kyle Purdy, if we are referring to the taller of the two guys. Good work with bringing in 2010 with a date, sounds like the start you were in need of. Oh, does Matt know about this blog, just curious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...Kyle Purdy. Hillary - you know I had a thing for Kyle in middle school, right? Actually Matt has much darker hair and a bit of a different look up close. Yes, he knows about the blog - but not the site - and remember - it is private now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good Stephanie...hope things work out for you. By the way I also like his green outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any guy who gets his picture taken with a midget is totally cool in my book!

    Btw, he's much better looking than the Adam Sandler guy! What kind of therapist though? I must know these things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks and sounds very nice. Have fun on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like this, 2010 is sounding much better already. He's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO exciting! I'm dying to hear how it goes on Friday. Two more days! What are you going to wear? And most importantly, which shoes are you going to wear?!

    ReplyDelete