Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Deal Breakers

So, I went on a couple of dates with a guy. I thought it was going well...polite, complementary, insisted on paying, great job, lots of cash money, etc...

Then...we are at dinner the other night and he shocked me with some deal breakers.

Deal Breaker #1: He doesn't believe in God, Heaven or Hell. Biggest deal breaker of them all. However, he is apparently confused because he said that he doesn't believe in God, but that if God really does exist, he will go to Heaven? What? Not possible. He claims that throughout his life he has always been in the right place at the right time -- almost like someone has been looking out for him. Guess what dude? That means you believe in a higher power...he disagreed because he is obviously stupid.

Deal Breaker #2: He has a kid on the way. While that fact alone is NOT a deal breaker (check my track record with guys)...he told me that he will not play any part of the child's life.  WHAT? I do not respect any person (because I will not call him a man) who will not be an active role in his child's life.

Deal Breaker #3: He lifted up his sleeve and showed me a HIDEOUS tattoo. We are talking BAD PRISON TAT. (No, he wasn't in prison, it just looked like a bad prison tat) It is the all-seeing eye but it looks like a 5-year old drew it. When you have a huge tattoo, it MUST be really detailed in order to look good. This wasn't. Horrid orange...gross.

Deal Breaker #4: He feels the need to "educate young girls". This is probably my biggest pet peeve about guys -- which I absolutely hated about my ex. We were talking about my car and how I need a new car but I have no desire to have a car loan. Well, douche bag began "educating" me on the fact that I need a car loan to build credit and maintain a high credit score. Sigh. I was in banking for 8 years. I am a strong, independent woman that knows exactly where my credit score is and how it got there. Now, being that he probably didn't know all those details, I told him simply, "I have perfect, well-established credit. I am not in need of a car loan to establish anything." Well, douche bag wouldn't drop it. I HATE, HATE, HATE when guys feel like they know everything and have to "coach" others who must not know... He would not drop it even after I explained 3 times that I was fully aware of how credit was built, that I know my score and that I am well-established.

Say it with me... "DOUCHE BAG"

So, I told him that there were too many differences and that it wasn't going to work.

Another one bites the dust...

Hurray for me not dating a douche bag just because he has bank :)

Sazzle on dear friends!!!

3 comments:

  1. After deal breakers #1 and #2 I would have been out the door and wouldn't have even stuck around long enough to know about the rest of the deal breakers. ugh.

    I promise there is a great guy out there somewhere for you Steph. I have no doubts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee wow wow wow! I'm speechless for the most part! I just can't believe any guy trying to get a girl would say any of these things! You're right...douche.bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Douche Bag....walk on and don't look back!! Have I told you lately I think you're awesome?

    ReplyDelete