Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ghetto Injection?

So...am I ghetto?

I get a shot every few months. The way it works is that I get a prescription and pick up the vile at the pharmacy. I, of course, have to pay for the meds at the pharmacy. Then, I take the vile to the doctor and I pay ANOTHER fee for them to inject me.

Well, they have started to not give me a vile, but give me a pre-filled syringe...with instructions on how to inject written right on the box...

So, why do I pay an injection fee? It's $40!!!

Frankly, $40 can pay for a pair of shoes.

Instead of sucking it up and paying the cash, I had Tami meet me at the Walgreens parking lot near my work when she got out of work. In her car, I freaked out about how long the needle was...but still had her inject it. My arm DOES hurt -- but that means she did it correctly because she injected it in the muscle deep enough...gross...

Anyway, it went so well that I'll probably be hounding her every few months to meet me at Walgreens and shoot me up.

Is that ghetto? .... or does it Sazzle?

3 comments:

  1. The whole thing definitely sazzled! But, if it is ghetto, then it's ghetto fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cool that you figured out a way to save $40, but a Walgreen's parking lot, really? That's the part that I find a little ghetto. You should mix it up for next time, try and out-ghetto yourselves as far as location goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only Ghetto if you used a dirty needle! If it was clean then you totally Sazzle!

    ReplyDelete