Sunday, January 9, 2011

Security Blanket

Does your child have a security blanket, or a pacifier...or some other object to which he or she seeks comfort?

I may not have a human child, but my "child" has a security blanket.

Normally, Niko lays on the floor next to the couch, or at my feet, or at the far end of the couch. However, when I pull out my GVSU blanket -- she immediately jumps up and cuddles right next to me, laying on the blanket.

Fondly, I remember the first time I brought her to my apartment. She was nervous, whining and pacing. It was a hot September afternoon so I turned on the air conditioning to cool her off. I got cold, so I grabbed the trusty old blanket, sat on the couch and covered myself. Instantly, she calmed down, jumped up next to me, cuddled against the soft fleece and fell asleep.

To this day, every time I grab the blanket, she is at my side, contently snoring. It is one of the sweetest things I get to see on a regular basis.

Here's my happy little princess


2 comments:

  1. We all need something right? I'm trying to think if Molly has a "security blanket". Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I grew up with a chocolate lab and I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete