Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pics, Trips and Volcanos

So, I won't be in Europe this week. I think we all know why:


Eyjafjallajokull (the glacier volcano in Iceland) decided to erupt and ruin all travel to and from Europe.

Now, the Schiphol airport (in Amsterdam) did send out some successful test flights today and they may re-open their doors soon, but my meetings were canceled - for safety reasons. You see, even if the flights actually attempt it, there are some scary things to consider:
  • The cloud of ash will continue until to be there/rise until the ice cap melts. At last I saw (which was awhile ago) only 20% was melted...it's going to take awhile
  • Should the ash ACTUALLY get into a plane -- dead. Seriously.
  • If the ash/lava gets anywhere near the neighbor volcano, Katla, there could be a far bigger eruption. 
Working in travel where a lot of our revenue comes from people flying over Europe = not so fun. I had to come into work today and had to try to convince my employees to come in too. They will be helping customer service handle the canceled hotel rooms this week -- on top of all the work they are already behind on -- can't wait (huge sigh).

This trip is supposed to be re-sechedule which I would assume would be in about 2 weeks or so -- if the condition permits. I'm not too upset about it because I have another trip scheduled soon -- and remember, I am supposed to be traveling about 4-6 times between now and January.

What I AM concerned about this second volcano. If by chance it erupts, my trips for the rest of the year could all be changed or canceled entirely! No fun for me!

We shall see what the next few weeks shall bring, dear friends. All we can do is continue to Sazzle on!

Oh -- and the pics? Long story short, you haven't seen pics from me in some time due to a computer issue. I am still using my baby laptop and it has limited USB ports -- so I can't use a mouse, upload pics and save to my external hardrive while still using a mouse. It is irritating and absolutely annoys me -- therefore I have boycotted adding photos. I just bought a USB splitter, so now I have enough ports. It will take time to upload everything you have missed, but look forward to them coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. It totally sucks that your trip was cancelled, but I suppose Safety First is a good policy. On a positive note, I'd say you sazzle because you live a glamorous life where a volcanic eruption in Iceland can disrupt your plans to travel in Europe! I'll have my fingers crossed that the meeting is rescheduled for a couple of weeks from now and that it doesn't conflict with any of your other sazzletastic travel plans! P.S. I saw some great roadside attractions this weekend. Photos coming soon at Minnestrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally sucks that your trip was cancelled, especially with your new bad ass luggage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your trip and basically your whole week at work. I personally am going to be really pissed if the other sucka blows and my trip to Spain is canceled.

    ReplyDelete