Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And the Winner is...Sazzle

I have been awarded the “Kreativ Blog Award” by Tami. What a wonderful thing to happen to me! Thank you very much Tami!!!

For those of you that don't know Tami, you should read her blog. It is one of the funniest I have seen. Tami and I rode the school bus together for years - true story. Seriously - read her blog - I log in each day to see if she has a new one.


Here is my award: Pretty, right?



The rules for this award are:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
  2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
  3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
  4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
  5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
  6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
  7. Leave a comment on each.
I am pretty much an open book, but I will try to come up with things you don't know about me. Here goes!

7 things you may not know about me…
  1. I am a slave to my daily schedule. Shower time is exactly 7am (for example). I ALWAYS walk/run on the treadmill during Survivor and The Office. Yes, quite OCD. If I don't follow my schedule or something causes a disruption, I am out of it for the entire day, and usually grumpy. This is another reason why I can be a shut-in - going out hasn't become part of my schedule yet.
  2. I drink almost nothing but Crystal Light individual packets. Peach Mango Green Tea. If they don't have it at the store when I run out, I get pretty upset. Usually I have about 10 boxes on hand. It is orange/peach colored.
  3. One summer I was laid off. While I was quite focused on getting a new job, (applied for 110 positions) I decided that since I got to sleep in each day, it was a great time to learn to like beer. So, I trained my taste buds to like beer by drinking it almost every night. Only for a little over a week so don't freak out. In turn, I began loving wine and coffee. Weird, huh?
  4. I am DEATHLY afraid of June Bugs. Long story but basically I was in Trinidad with my high school youth group and there were so many that they were crawling in our hair, climbing on our bodies...everywhere. I absolutely lose it when I see them now.
  5. I refuse to date men under 6' - usually not under 6'2". I am 5'1". I am afraid to date a short guy because I don't want to be known as the "little people" and I would like normal sized children.
  6. There was about an 8-9 month span where every morning I would wake up at 5am, just to cuddle with Niko on the couch for 2 hours before I had to get ready for work. It was our Mommy-Puppy time. The only reason I stopped doing it is because she started sleeping with us, so all night was cuddle time. Niko is a fantastic cuddler.
  7. I have Duane Syndrome. Left-side only. Look it up. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1198559-overview

So, now I am going to give away awards myself. The lucky winners are:
  1. Danielle. Love seeing Danielle every day at work because she has some of the most beautiful hair ever and she always has it done a different way. She is new to blogging so check out her blog: http://dnelly034.blogspot.com/
  2. Manda. My best friend in Columbus, Ohio. Ah...we had great times at that restaurant we always went to - and we joined a gym together for awhile...then I got a stress fracture in my foot from having my shoe laces too tight :) Love her. Check out her blog. http://varietythespiceofmylife.blogspot.com/
  3. Jen. One of the sweetest employees I ever had at the bank. Some of the best moments were seeing her accomplishments. She is getting married soon - check out her blog: http://ducky4300.blogspot.com/
  4. Gotta give love to Martha. I met Martha at her sister's birthday party. One of the first times I have really been outgoing and found that she is fantastic. Now she is blogging, which is cool. And she just MAY convince me to do a 5K soon. (Tami, Hillary, Elizabeth - I guess there is one in Fremont in October). Check out Martha's blog. She is new and needs followers: http://martha-smeyers.blogspot.com/
  5. Katie. Another new blogger :) Katie knits some cute stuff, but that's not why I follow. Katie is true to herself, which I greatly admire in people. Plus, she is so sweet and just plan fabulous. Check out her blog: http://hootsncrafts.blogspot.com/
  6. Kim. Gotta give a major shout-out to the person that inspired me to blog. Check out her blog: http://theroossienreport.blogspot.com/
  7. Amanda. She doesn't update her blog daily like I do but she has one of the cutest blogs - and cutest daughters ever. Check out her blog: http://theahohappenings.blogspot.com/
Hillary and Elizabeth: I left you off so that you don't have to fill it out again - I know Tami got you.

However, everyone check out Hillary and Elizabeth's blogs:

Hillary: http://runningwithsanders.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth: http://dahlstromschoolofdiscoveryandfaith.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

  1. Awe thanks love. Too bad I dont have but one follower on my blog. Oh well. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I pretty much knew everything on your list except the drinking beer every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girl!
    #1 I was looking up the 5k info and it is indeed in Fremont, however, it is in Ohio. Didn't check the state since the website is runMICHIGAN.com
    #2 You friend Amanda, her sister Shyla, is dating my little brother Trevor. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda: Love you

    Mom: You DID know that. I told you I taught myself how to like beer. What other way than to drink it?

    Martha: Darn. There is one in GR on Oct. 24th though. That is the craziest small world story. Wait...maybe not. Manda has family in Grand Haven, or Spring Lake. Manda - can't remember. But, crazy nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award, you are sazzling! Oh, and I thought you just had a crossed eye, not a real disease. Sorry if I made fun of you on the bus. Or, maybe I didn't make fun of you, but I wanted to. Sorry anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, there is one in Belding that day and also in Mount Pleasant, I am not sure which one I want to go to. The one in Mount Pleasant is a charity one so the proceeds go to the charity of your choice based on 3 that are listed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tami: You did tease me. The worst thing is when people call me cross - eyed. It happens - so I'd like to clarify :)

    Martha: I will let you know

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! I'm the one that got you addicted to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Tami, I would like to apologize for being a jerk on the bus when we were 6. So sorry.

    On a happier note, have you tried pumpkin beer? It's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe...no worries ladies. We ALL remember what I looked like as a child. Teasing was mandatory :)

    Yes Kim - of COURSE you got me addicted. As a matter of fact, I always go to your blog to see what cool new widgets you have added. But, you got to add yourself as a follower of the new blog so I can tell everyone why you Sazzle.

    Hillary: I need to know about said Pumpkin beer - immediately if not sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy crap, Steph, I am scared of june bugs too! I never met anyone else who is and everything thinks I'm a nutcase. I am afraid of the noise they make. Long story, but true! Actually, your story is better than mine; they weren't crawling on me or anything, so I don't think my fear is really justified.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Paula - it is justified. They are horrific creatures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lot of different microbrews do pumpkin, but I support the New Holland Brewery because they kept me pretty, if not entirely drunk all throughout college. Check out New Holland's Ichabod

    http://newhollandbrew.com/corp/beer/seasonal

    ReplyDelete