Sunday, September 27, 2009

Curse of the Muffin Top

Oh yes, indeed, I am going there. Don't worry - I won't be posting a picture of it.

Here's the thing: I have one of THOSE bodies. Now, everyone in unison: "Awe". I have lost a few pounds lately, but I am in between pants. My fat pants are too big and the 6 pairs of pants I really want to wear are too small. Well, I can physically put them on and button but the all-beautiful muffin top is present, so I cannot wear them in public.

With a tremendous amount of working out and not eating anything fun, I can transform my body. That means less than 1000 calories per day, not eating after 7pm, no beer, no sugar, no chocolate, and doing tons and tons and tons and tons of cardio.

Last May, I did it. A month of insanity transformed me to a lean, mean, hottness machine. This is the best picture I can find to show off how great my legs and body were. Mind you, I was at a wedding with an open bar, so I am a bit intoxicated spinning rims on this car. (Hey, I was on vacation and the guy was cool with it)


No, I am not grabbing myself, I am holding my dress - just so that you know :)

It's extremely hard to mantain that lifestyle. After I got back from vacation, I re-pierced my belly button. Sweat would irritate it and it was infected a bunch in the beginning. Thus, I got out of my workout routine. Then, I got laid off and my days were spent looking for jobs. Next, I got a new job and dealt with all the stress of that. Ok, excuses, excuses, I know...but that's what happened. Finally, I am getting back into a decent workout routine.

In exactly 2 weeks from today, I am leaving for NYC for 4 days. Work trip - gotta love it. However, I cannot wear the fat pants because they are saggy and terrible. But, I can't wear the smaller pants. I don't want to have to buy pants I hopefully would be too thin for very quickly, so I have to work my butt off for the next 14 days to get into them. I am only about 5 lbs away. I can do that, right?

Treadmill: 3 miles tonight. Hillary, don't get excited - I walked most of it. It is something. Any encouragement would be much appreciated and I will let you all know if I meet my goal. Cross your fingers!!!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Sazzle! I know what you mean about not wanting to buy new pants...last winter when I finally started dropping signifcant pounds, I just kept belting up the fat pants! Ha, I'm a loser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I know what you mean! My jeans were falling off my ass all day today - but just a couple more pounds and I have a whole new wardrobe :) I am going to run/walk tonight while I watch Monday Night Football

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I gained weight I have a muffin top also and it is not fun. You can lose the 5 pounds Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 miles is 3 miles, run or walk you are still burning calories. So, I will be excited thank you very much!

    Work out and eat healthy, but make sure you eat (that's what Jillian and Bob say!).

    You can do it though and you will feel so good about it. Maybe getting into your old jeans is exactly what you need in order to get you excited about your new life! I'm rooting for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete