Friday, February 19, 2010

FML you STUPID Car!!!

I drive a POS. 2001 Pontiac Sunfire with 114,000 miles on it. Honestly, it is awful: missing a hub cap, the heat doesn't work all the time, the air goes low on the tire often because I have a bent frame that wrechs the wheel.... I still crank my windows!

Why do I drive a piece of crap? 3 reasons:
  1. I bought it in college and it was "cool" enough back then
  2. I never had a loan for it and it continues to run...can't justify the additional expense
  3. For 5 years I was paying all of douche bag's bills that I never had anything left over to buy a car for myself
No...I'm not bitter...

I have to keep this blog short because my blood is starting to boil again.... So, an hour ago I decided to go to Target. I found a REALLY cute dress. I have one just like it, but in other colors. This one was black and reds/pinks. They only had it in one size - XS and I couldn't remember if mine was Small or XS. Mine fits tight in the boobs so I knew I couldn't get an XS if mine was a Small...so I went home

This is the dress I have:

...come to find out, I have an XS. WHOO HOO!!! So, I got excited to go back to Target to get the dress...

I went out to my car and what did I find? My car door open. What?!?!

Immediately I began to panic, thinking that someone may have broken in...ok, it is a piece of crap, but I have a few good CDs in there.

Nope. No break-in. My car door has decided to no longer latch - even when locked. Nothing is blocking the door - everything LOOKS fine...just no latching. FML

So...I texted my brother, Kevin, who is a mechanic - but I don't think he gets out of work until after midnight...looks like I am going to miss out on the dress...boo...

I am a bit nervous about someone stealing or damaging the car...so I did this:


To make a bad situation worse - I was supposed to go to a Birthday party tonight...

But...I sazzle because I have a good rope/scarf to tie it to my steering wheel..

Kevin is calling...gotta go!!!

7 comments:

  1. Update: Kevin and I chatted on the phone and he showed me where to look...the latch looks exactly the same as the other door so I don't understand. He gets out of work at midnight so he is coming here after that - it's gonna be a long night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you post! I missed you. I'm sorry your car is crappy. Israel keeps working on mine keeping it going. I do not want a new one until I pay off my student loans. Hard cause it does crap out on me a lot. Maybe the dress will still be there cause not many people wear XS. Or you could see if you can order it online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not online :( already checked because I was looking for a picture of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Clarence" my car is a 2000. 165,000 miles. Same thing. No scarf. 4 hubcaps. 1 side mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In high school my brother could only get in and out of his car via hatch (aka trunk). Somehow the kid always had a girlfriend too, weird.

    If you end up needing a new car, Cam Korenstra sells cars at Rivertown Honda, would treat you very well, give you a good deal, and we totally heart our CRV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. What's the deal with those dresses? I want to like them, but I don't think I can.
    2. 114,000 miles doesn't seem like enough to have your steering wheel rubbed off, what the hell is up with that?
    3. Nice work on the scarf.
    4. Bite the bullet and get a new car, or at least a good used one. You're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol!!!

    Hillary: I want a Honda Fit, so I am going to remember that!!!

    Tami:
    1. I love the dresses. SOOOO comfortable with leggings and boots - I am now wearing them about 4 days a week.
    2. The steering wheel is funny. The car was a salvaged vehicle. My ex-fiance put it back together for me - but the steering wheel wasn't there because the air bags had deployed. He could only find a grey one - and literally spray painted it black!
    3. Thanks!
    4. I am paying off my last credit card and my student loan to my parents in the next couple of months - debating whether to save for a car or just get a loan

    ReplyDelete