Saturday, December 5, 2009

UGGs!!

So, I'm going to take a break from boy-talking to talk about something else.

Apparently, UGGs (and imitation UGGs) are taking over the world!

I can't even begin to explain how many girls I saw wearing them in the office yesterday or in the mall today. What is the deal? Do you remember when we were in high school and our moms wore mom winter boots?

I'll be honest, I made fun of those people. I continued to make fun of people that wore ugly boots to class in college and those that wore ugly boots to work. I am certain all of you did too!


Now apparently it is cool to stay warm and dry again...who knew that would ACTUALLY become as important as style. Who knew ugly would become stylish?! Because, quite frankly, they are ugly.

There are tall ones, short ones, every color known to man, ones with heels, different fabrics...you name it, they have it.

When did we become fan of uglies? Are YOU a fan?

Side note: yep, I have a pair. Mine look like this...AND I wore them to work yesterday too!

4 comments:

  1. So funny you blogged about this because I was just talking with my mom about this very topic today! I think they are about as ugly as Crocs and don't understand the trend. Sure they look comfortable, but when teamed with sweatpants...yikes. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't understand it and they are super expensive. FYI I am digging the ones you have because of the detailing at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...they are so ugly! But, I guess I will wear the ugly ones everyone likes instead of wearing the grandma boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love the ones that remind you of Alaskan Eskimos...you know the ones with the fur on them and the lace detail. Of course I can't really afford those but am still looking for a cute knock-off pair. Someone wore them with sweatpants?! I think the idea is to wear them with jeans but maybe I misunderstood the style. I do know that short boots with gauchos do not work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sold my UGG's at my garage sale this year! I hated them, I didn't like the way they looked on my feet. I do have a pair of EMU's though, and I like them better!

    ReplyDelete