Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Momma I'm Coming Home"

I have a ton to update you on - as my first Sazzle focus week went very well. However, I want to take a minute to talk about Thanksgiving.

For the past 5 Thanksgivings, I have spent the day only at my parents' house. This year is a bit different. Niko and I will be spending a few DAYS in Fremont.

Now, I have to say that I am ACTUALLY excited. As a matter of fact, I am more excited about this Thanksgiving than I have been in 5 years. To be quite honest - I am more excited about the whole holiday season than I have been in the past 5 years.

Maybe it is because I get to relax for a few days?

Maybe it is because Niko will have lots of land to run around on?

Maybe it is because I only have to worry about my family this year?

Maybe it is because I don't have to hang out with any weird "in-laws"?

Maybe it is because I don't have to buy any presents for people I don't like?

Maybe it's just because I am happier now?

Whatever the reason - I am excited. I don't even care that I will probably get a million "Steph, when are you going to land a man" or "Steph, when are you going to get married and have babies", or "Well, you will understand when you are married or have kids", or "You should focus more attention on meeting men" comments from family members. I am quite content right now without a man.

Honestly, this is the first time in a long time that I have been "alone" at Thanksgiving, but I don't feel "lonely" in the least!!!!



3 comments:

  1. So glad you are spending some time at home..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're coming home, and you're bringing your balls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend! We are heading back to Fremont too! It would be so fun to have Niko and Molly play, but Molly's platelets are low so there is no rough-housing for her. Maybe next time we are both in town!

    ReplyDelete