Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Week #1 - Success!

As I wrote a week ago, I am now focusing on creating my Sazzle Style. Each week/month will be focused around a different area of my life that I am working on. This week was about planning how to turn this crappy apartment into a "home". Result - SUCCESS!!!

Let me explain all the Sazzle Style that has been created in the apartment:

First, I bought 2 of these lamps and put them in the living room.

Then, I decided that I liked these better for the living room:


So, the first ones went in the bedroom and the second ones are in the living room. Now I can give Mom her lamps back!

Up next, I hung these pictures:

...and these:

Then I hung my diploma:

Up next: Set up the Christmas tree. Yay for festive holidays!!!

To continue with the festive attitude, I hung this shelf with some cute little decorations:

I was on a roll, so I hung up these hooks:

Oh...and I bought this coat:



And purse:

And this purse:


And my shoe of the month came:



Oh, and I got this cute thing to hang Christmas Cards from. Now, hopefully I will get a couple!

When I say I am going to do something, I like to get it accomplished. I am quite impressed with my "home" progress thus far...and pretty impressed with my cute new accessories. I am also working on "designing" some curtains, pillows, table-runner, and accessories in teal and silver - as I decided that should be the color scheme.

Now - can someone PLEASE convince my mom to actually make me the curtains, table runner, pillows, etc...?

7 comments:

  1. Nicely done Steph! I am lovin' the pink purse and the coat! When you are done with them, send them to me 6488 S. Alkire...Just Kidding, but seriously when you are done...
    Your apartment is looking really cute and I love the 2nd lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon! I told you I had a bunch to blog! :) I have to say, the coat looks HOT in person - the picture doesn't do it justice. And the purse totally rocks! www.ebags.com. Target on the lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your mom does not want to make those items for you, they take so much time. If I was your mom I wouldn't want to take on that huge a project and really Stephanie you are kinda picky...not sure you would like what she made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...Linda: I am SURE that if you WERE my mom, you would want me to be happy. I can pick out the fabric and make the design...you will LOVE it and it will be easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Stephanie! Having a nice place to come home to will make your apartment not so lonely! Where did you get that coat? Love it! Shoot me your address, so I can put you on my card list:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coat - actually Burlington coat factory. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all!! Isn't ebags.com awesome? Might have to visit Burlington. It's a lot further from me now so I don't get to stop by. I can find some great stuff there actually...sometimes. Send me your address and I'll send you a card!

    ReplyDelete