Friday, November 6, 2009

Realizations

So the past few weeks I have realized a few things and now need to focus in a new direction.

Realization #1: Single = Good
For 12 of the past 14 years, I have been in (what I thought were) serious, committed relationships. I think it is quite ok that I am single right now.

Realization #2: Find the Boys
I can't meet guys (to hang out with - not date) if I don't go anywhere.

Realization #3: Friends
I have to stop waiting around for people to invite me out and start inviting them out. However, I have realized that there are a bunch of great friends who are always here for me.

Realization #4: Guy-Dar
Jason DID cheat on me and now he is dating her. That makes 100% of all the guys I ever dated. My guy radar is apparently faulty.

Realization #5: Smaller Thighs
I have actually been working out less since I got Niko. I went from doing 3-6 miles a day on my treadmill to between 1-2 miles a day jogging with Niko outside. However, my thighs and waist have gotten smaller and I am now in pants I haven't been in for over a year. No weight loss though.

Realization #6: Regrets
I regret almost everything that happened in the last 5 years. Jason informed me today that he is going to stop paying the mortgage and let it go into foreclosure.....

Realization #7: Motivation
There is no reason to mope about how I don't like something. If I want a different life, I have to make it. That gives me all the motivation that I need to do the right things.


I Sazzle because even though it hurt to hear he cheated, I am not sad but feel validated. I wasn't the crazy, paranoid girlfriend - but had good instinct. Next time I am going to listen to myself.


8 comments:

  1. so glad you are making these realizations and not letting them hold you back or keep you down! you're doing great and will continue to do so! :)
    great job on thigh loss!!! :) awesome!
    sorry that guys are pigs...i CAN relate to that! God can/will give you the grace and guidance to get past it!!
    praying for you! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great realizations, but you forgot that throughout this whole process you realized that YOU SAZZLE, and you don't need a man for that! You are sazzling your way to a happier, healthier life for yourself and for Niko. Hang in there! Everything we endure in life makes us stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALOT of that SUCKS! But your AWESOME!
    As for the pants.. good job. I really think that it is a better workout when your ourside vs the treadmill. Your poundage might not go down as fast but your size seems to go down faster.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesome and I'm proud of you! You are already a stronger person. You may not be losing pounds but you are losing inches and toning your legs even more. Besides, outside gives you more of a variance than treadmill whether you realize it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you hate me if I said the reason your pants are looser is because you've probably lost muscle mass since you haven't been working out as much. If you'd hate me, then forget I ever said it!

    As always, you sazzle! Oh, and boys are stupid, just get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how strong of a person you are! And that you stood up and said I want the dog!! Like in legally blonde, give me the D*mn dog!! You go sista friend!!
    Boys are dumb! I totally feel ya on the not being just a paranoid girlfriend, that's how I was with Eldin, and you know what... I was right just like you!!
    I'm sorry about your house! :( If it's under 80,000.00 for sale I'd totally consider buying it!! :) I am in the market!
    You just keep doing what you are doing!!
    Oh fyi I am super jealous that you have the stephanie shoe, and i am STILL waiting for mine! Grrr... they had better be here before christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't enough how much I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha... I meant I can't express enough :)

    ReplyDelete