Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sazzlerific Thanksgiving 2009

As you all know, I decided to spend 3 nights at my parent's house for Thanksgiving. Had a blast! Here are some highlights:

For those of you that don't know, Niko has only been in the car a few times. So, riding in a car for 2 hours with her is not fun. Jumps to the front, jumps to the back, whines in my ear, tries to sit on my back, pant, pant, pant, jumps to the front, jumps to the back, accidentally shifts my car from drive to neutral, pant, pant, pant...not very fun. She didn't calm down until I was on the other side of Newaygo - which means she was nuts for about 60-75 minutes. However, once we got to the house, she calmed down.

Niko hung out with Max, my brother Kevin's dog.

There was some of this:

...and some of this...


...but there was mostly this:

...and a WHOLE LOT of this:


Finally, Niko has someone to play tug of war with!!! For the most part, they got along quite well - except for one instance when Niko tried to eat Max's food while he was eating. Each morning, Max would whine at my "bedroom" door until I opened it up and let Niko out to play. Didn't sleep in, but Niko had a great time with her new Buddy.

So, what did my family and I do while I was home?

We posed for pictures:

Kevin (21), Sarah (17), Dad, Elizabeth (30), Mom, Me (21...er 28), David (28), Scott (23), Kendyl (5), and Aden (3).

And more photos:

I played with Aden - I was the good guy and he was the bad guy. Although, after he met Scott's girlfriend Sara - she got the Aden Attention.


Speaking of Scott's girlfriend, Sara: He brought her home. Not only is she pretty, but we really like her. Hopefully he doesn't mess this one up and scare her away!!!! We can't figure out what she sees in him!!!!! (Kidding Scott - but this is a ploy to get you to comment on my blog and actually add yourself as a follower)

Sara and Scott


I was intrigued with the editing skills in the local paper. The Fremont Times Indicator apparently doesn't understand the difference between a comma and a semi-colon!!!


I posed some more...


I found out that now Mr. Aden Pants is very good at telling stories and that Kendyl probably prefers singing to the songs in her dance class than actually dancing.


We also posed for the classic "Sisters" picture. As always, I grab the middle spot! I tell everyone that it is so that it goes in age order - but really it is because the middle gets more attention in a picture :)


There was some Wii playing...


Although I would have preferred to have Scott and Sara do the Hannah Montana dance (yes, they know it)


Oh, speaking of the Wii: Kevin, Sarah and I played Mario on the Wii for about 10 hours on Friday. As a matter of fact, Sarah and I didn't even change out of our pajamas on Friday.

Me and Sarah Marie posing some more


We played Bolderdash. I was the purple one...can you figure out who won? Hmmm...if I remember correctly, everyone else gave up...


Niko had a great time at "Grandma's" house. I am quite relieved because she has to stay there for a week in December when I go to Amsterdam. Thankfully I think she will do great!

Oh...there was some of this that went on too...Niko loved this ball.


Highlights of the trip:
  • Niko being REALLY good on the way back to GR - thank GOD she is finally getting used to the car
Here is how happy she was to be riding home:

  • Aden singing "I love Christmas, I love Christmas...ALL DAY!!!"
  • Having Mom cook tons and tons of food
  • Watching Scotty's Sara play with the kids. Uh Oh Scott... :)
  • Kevin being the best brother EVER and changing my oil, fixing a flat, fixing a fuse, changing my brake pads, and being really good to Niko
  • Elizabeth getting confused by the time zone between Scott and us...telling him that he could "ruin" a show for me because he sees it an hour earlier...he he...
  • Everyone liking Niko...even though she is a sloppy drinker and gets water all over the floor
  • Consuming my weight in sugar...sadly it is probably close to true
  • Getting hit on at the Auto Parts store when I hadn't showered and looked AWFUL...Fremont makes me laugh
  • NOT getting up for Black Friday - but being woke up every morning because the "kids" wanted to play
  • Staying up REALLY late with the family each night
  • Having everyone actually call Niko "SHE" and "HER". Most people call her "HIM"
  • Spending some MUCH needed and overdue time with my family - they Sazzle
Oh - and did I mention I Sazzle?


BEST THANKSGIVING EVER!!!

4 comments:

  1. You did not go Black Friday shopping, and you did not give me my balls...I'm not so sure you sazzle! Oh, I guess I'll let it slide this time. I can't even remember the last time I saw your brothers, they look so old to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do the Black Friday thing. I get really annoyed by crowds and lines. I would be one of those people screaming and hitting. AND, you know the story on the balls - we were all waiting for you to show up. Seriously - ask my mom.

    The "boys" are in their 20's now! Of course, that means Elizabeth and I are closer (or actually) 30. YUCK! When did I get old?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you and Niko has such a great Thanksgiving. I know how much this had to really just make you feel awesome, and you totally deserve it, family times is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally read the Fremont Times Ind. this weekend too. The whole thing just cracks me up!

    Glad you had a great weekend, and you can tell Elizabeth that my mom still gets confused over the time difference for us too.

    ReplyDelete