Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Friends Sazzle!

Many of you know that I have the flu - probably H1N1 (since I had my normal flu shot) but they didn't actually test for it - they assume. I have been running a fever all week and am SICK! Today I stayed home and was much sicker than I have been all week.

Honestly, it was a really rough day. This was the first day since the break-up that I have been really upset that I don't have a boyfriend. Not for the kissy-lovey reasons, but because I wanted someone to get me Gatorade, soup, cough drops, etc... For the past 5 years, even though things weren't good - he actually would get me those things when I was sick. I felt really "alone" today.

Now, normally my Mom would come take care of me - I have a great mom like that. However, Sarah, my 17-year-old sister has H1N1 herself and was having trouble breathing - so Mom really couldn't come. Being sick always makes you emotional, but I was a mess today.

Then, I was reminded that I am not alone - but that I have amazing friends! Abby came and brought me cough drops and cold medicine even though she was in a big hurry to get to see her Mom win an award. Later, Tami came and brought me Panera soup even though she lives way over in Howard City and I was SOOOOOO out of her way! Now, since it is close to the time that my dad is getting home, Mom is headed this way to come bring me Tylenol 3.

I am NOT all "alone". I am very lucky and thankful to have great friends and family!

Who needs a man when I have such wonderful women in my life? They Sazzle!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon Stephanie! Sorry I couldn't come in! I would have brought Gatorade too if you would have asked me:)

    I'm glad your Mom is coming down. One time when I was in college I was crazy sick with the flu, and my parents had to come up and get me and take me home. I had never been so glad to see them!

    ReplyDelete