Friday, March 5, 2010

Calling BS on This One

So, I did not get a call or a text from Ryan. Figures.

Like any normal girl sick on a Friday night, I figured that I'd read my Eharmony...and I see an email from Ryan. This is what it said:

Hi Stephanie,



I had a good time having coffee with you on Sunday. But I've been thinking about it, and it just doesn't seem right.
I find you fascinating - I don't recall the last time I met a 28 year old who was as accomplished as you are. Frankly, it's a little intimidating. Perhaps that's a sign that my self-concept is not as strong as it could be? I don't know. But I've got to go with my gut on this one.
I hope you enjoyed your 10am coffee today :), and I wish you and Niko well.
With high regard,


Ryan

I'm calling BS on this one. Oh well, his loss.

Should I respond?

7 comments:

  1. I think you should call me. I sent my number to you via facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, just let it lie. Not worth it!
    His loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I , and my boyfriend...

    We think he may have a control issue, he noticed that you are in control and probably thought he would have to battle for the "senor" role in the relationship... Thats our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't bother commenting back, it's not worth it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, when you know you know. Also, relationships are suppose to be easy (at least the good ones) so to waste your time on something that will never be, or potentially start a relationship with a disagreement seem unnecessary.

    His loss for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. agree...it's his loss... you need a stronger man than that!!! <3 you, steph!!!! i'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...I wouldn't respond either. Have you ever asked someone how they knew he/she was the one and they responded they just knew...in other words it was a match, it was right, they had peace about it? Maybe that's the same here..he just knows you two aren't a good match. It's better to find out now than go through many many dates then finally find out how he feels. I also agree his loss because you are awesome and you deserve someone equally awesome. Enjoy this season you're in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's obviously stupid for passing up such a great thing (you!), but I have to commend him for admitting that he's intimidated by a strong, successful woman. I think a lot of men are, but I haven't met many that would admit it! The good news: You didn't waste your time on him. On to the next! <3

    ReplyDelete