Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Deja Vu... or, My Brother Sazzles

Remember when this happened?


For those of you that may have forgotten, my car door wouldn't latch -- thus using a scarf to tie the steering wheel to the door -- of course I cannot drive like this.

Well, last Wednesday I got home from work, ran with Niko on the trail, ate dinner and got ready for tanning. I went out to my car but I forgot something so I went back inside to get it...
...then I went back to my car...

...and this happened:


Again, the car door wouldn't shut.

Thank GOD, Kevin (my "little" mechanic brother) showed up at 2am (he works 2nd shift) and fixed it.

Thursday, I went to work, came home, ran Niko, ate dinner and prepared for tanning.
Again, I went out to my car. Again, I forgot something and went back to my apartment to get it...

...and again...

...this happened:


Again, I called Kevin. He said that he was working on getting a part for me.

He showed up at 2am and fixed it again.

Friday morning, I went to my car to go to work, and this happened:


Sigh.

Double Sigh.

Thankfully, Kristen (Administrative Assistant at work) lives close and is a friend, so she picked me up for work -- and even had the desire to pick up Starbucks! :) Mom was having dinner with me that night, so she was able to pick me up from work.

2am Saturday morning, my AWESOME brother Kevin showed up. It took him 4 hours to fix the car, but the new part is in and hopefully this never happens again:


Side note: I am no longer able to lock my car from the INSIDE. Bright side? I can never lock my keys inside my car anymore!

My brother Sazzles!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You do have an awesome brother! My husband is kind of like that too. My Jeep was having difficulty and he came home from a 10 hour day and fixed it before the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your brother does Sazzle!

    Your car? Not so much sazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! :) I will be following yours now too!

    ReplyDelete