Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Terrible Tuesday

A. I'm home with the flu
B. Too much to do for work so I've been working from home -- and important people know I am home and have emailed me a million times asking for things
C. Niko had her second "emergency" bath of the season

Emergency bath -- what is that you ask?

Niko has a problem with mud puddles. If she sees one, she's in it. Period.

With the snow melting, there are mud puddles EVERYWHERE. She has been really good about me letting her off the leash. Only going a certain distance, doing her poopy, and then coming back. Also, all winter long she has been a champ at playing frisbee at night. She retrieves it and brings it back...without wandering off. Well, she has decided that it is too fun outside to be a good girl.

Emergency Bath #1
Sunday. Beautiful day -- but I feel like crap.
I need to take Niko on the trail to run her, but I feel like crap and the trail is still all ice and snow. Instead, I decide to play frisbee with her. Normally she is perfect with the frisbee.
I take her outside - throw the frisbee...she runs and gets it...and then turns into the devil.
She runs for not a mud puddle...but the DRAINAGE DITCH

Yes, the poop-filled, crap-smelling, rotting leaves-holding DRAINAGE DITCH....and jumps in.

I am screaming at her and she is trotting around in the gross-ness. Then, she drops her frisbee, which immediately sinks. She freaks out... "MY FRISBEE!!!" and begins dunking her head in the nasty drainage ditch. She can't find it and starts splashing around trying to find it.

I get her out...and she smells like CRAP...literally like human feces!!!

I get her in the apartment and tie her to the door while I ran the bath.

This is the naughty girl. You better believe that is mud on the floor and on her face!


Here is the disgusting mud on the wall...N-A-S-T-Y!!!


So... she gets her emergency bath...it was the most disgusting bath and she will now probably get an ear infection.

For those of you that care about her well-being and happiness as much as mine -- YES, I DID go out and find the frisbee. I used a stick to dig it out of the ditch. And, I washed it with anti-bacterial soap.

This was before I washed it.


Emergency Bath #2

This morning I felt worse. I took her out to go potty and she got so excited that she ripped the leash out of my hands...and started running large circles around me.

Jumping in drainage ditches

Running in the mud

Swimming around in drainage mud

Running in more mud

Laughing at me as she ran by me

I could have killed her. Absolutely killed her. She again was tied up and had another emergency bath. This time was MUCH worse than Sunday. I was FURIOUS....just FURIOUS.

If you don't know how mad...take a look at what the bathtub looked like when she was done...



5 comments:

  1. I am so so so sorry! Nothing worse than having a dog misbehave when you are not at your best. Soooo gross too!! Hopefully you feel better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! Bad Niko!
    On another note I thought the frisbee picture was a pancake at first. That you burnt the pancake on purpose for her becuase she was naughty.
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked Molly up from daycare on Tuesday and they told me she found a puddle and also had a blast digging all day...awesome. They kept reinforcing how sorry they were that she was so dirty, then they brought her out. She looked awesome!!! Her hair was curled up a little and when I leaned down, she smelled CLEAN?!?! Turns out one of the other workers was so embarrassed that they bathed (and conditioned!) her for me.

    Sweet deal!!! We are kind of hoping this becomes a weekly occurrence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was up North at my parent's place this weekend. Ellie and I were getting ready to go to the MT. for Crazy days, when I look down to say goodbye to my baby, I realize she's got cobwebs, crap, mud and who knows what else all over her head and neck. The drinking had to wait until I gave her a bath.

    Alex's first emergency bath of the year.

    ReplyDelete