Thursday, March 25, 2010

Smoothies that Sazzle

Did you know that Sazzle makes the best Smoothies ever?

Quite frankly, I do.

Yesterday I bought a blender. This one, actually:

 Black & Decker 10-Speed Blender - Black (BL10475BM)

You may ask, "How can you make the world's best smoothies and not own a blender"...the ex has it (and owned it so I'm not complaining about him having it)

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty excited about being able to make smoothies again and was pretty pumped buying all the stuff. (Similar to how happy I was when Starbucks started selling them last summer)

I even made sure to get some protein powder. I buy this one because it is low in calories, adds a nice consistency to the drink, is fairly cheap and doesn't have an awful taste.

DESIGNER WHEY Aria Women's Protein Supplement, Vanilla, 12-Ounce Canister (Pack of 2)

The best part? Smoothies motivate me. I love them so much but I have made it a rule -- you can only have a smoothie for breakfast if you jog Niko on the trail. So, guess what happened this morning? I jogged Niko on the trail. To be honest - we get a better jog on in the morning because nobody is on the trail at 6am. (Ok...maybe it was closer to 7am when we finally got out there)

Now, how would I Sazzle without sharing the recipe? I wouldn't, so I'm going to share it. Now, it isn't anything spectacular -- I believe the more simple the better.

Sazzlerific Smoothie
*1/2 cup milk
*2 scoops Aria protein powder
*1/2 cup frozen strawberries (I usually use 5 strawberries)
*1 banana
*Ice cubes (add for desired texture -- today I ran out of ice cubes so I didn't use any - and I personally wouldn't use more than 5)

For those watching your calories, it is 273 for the drink. WELL worth it if you went jogging in the morning.

Did I mention Niko almost jumped out of her skin when I ran the blender? Poor baby!!!



2 comments:

  1. Sage is afraid of the blender. We drink protein shakes for breakfast so it's an everyday thing. He is getting used to it and is getting better with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally sazzle! I make mine almost exactly the same way (same protein powder and everything!) and they are amazing! The only difference is I never add ice cubes (because my blender sucks and won't crush them), and if I have it I'll add some Dannon Light 'n' Fit yogurt (60 calories for the container) instead of skim milk and it sticks with me longer. I also vary my fruits, depending on what I find on sale in the freezer section. Yum...now I want a smoothie! I haven't been out for my run yet today, though...

    ReplyDelete