Saturday, March 6, 2010

Debt Free

Being single has a wonderful perk: I am no longer caring for 2 grown adults, a child and a dog. I am JUST taking care of me and Squeakers!

That has given me the ability to completely eliminate debt. I have been doing a great job of saving/paying...and all of a sudden, something amazing happened....

I came into some money. I won't discuss how, but it came out of the blue as a surprise reward for something I did. I also won't discuss the amount (HUGE), but what I will say is that with my tax refund deposited to my account today I was able to pay off all of my debt, including my student loan from my parents.

...It feels REALLY good to be debt free!!! Now, I'm going to save for the next year to buy a car -- preferably a Honda Fit.

I Sazzle because I am DEBT FREE*



*Yes, I am aware that there is a house in my name...and that Jason is living in it...and that he is probably going to let it go to foreclosure because he can't afford it and isn't doing anything to sell it...but now is not the time to discuss that negative aspect...it is happy time!!!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Stephanie, that's awesome!

    I think you should definitely save for that new car, the description of your old car makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I'm going to be a bit cheap for the next year and pretend like I am still paying debt by putting it in my savings. Can't wait to get a new car!

    BTW: I am getting a custom blog. Once I do, I'm going to go public again

    ReplyDelete