Friday, October 2, 2009

Creeper? I Think So...Please Comment!!!

Last night I had a friend request on Facebook. I accepted the friend, as I saw we had a couple of mutual friends. Since both of the mutual friends did or used to work at the same office as I did, I figured it was an old collegue that I forgot about (that has happened a few times in the past).

Apparently I was wrong. This guy sends me a message through Facebook. I will sum it up for you here because he rambled on quite a bit:

"I know you don't know me, but I saw you "out" 2-3 months ago when I was with some friends. I thought you looked interesting and wanted to get to know you. I hope you don't think this is weird. Do you? I can't believe I am doing this because you might be insane. Are you? I thought you carried yourself well and obviously you are attractive. It is a crazy story how I found you on FB that I won't go into right now. I don't know if you are crazy, but I guess what I am saying is I would like to find out. Now I am going to go jump off a building - lol"

Now, we have some problems with this:
  • We all know I don't go "out". However, I did go out ONCE a few months ago and did a bit of bar hopping to bars where there were a lot of people.
  • The mutual friends would be the only ones to provide him with my name or a way to find me on Facebook. I haven't seen those mutual friends in months, but probably years. How else could he find me? He couldn't if he didn't know my name. Now, he says there is a random story, but anyone could say that.
  • My Facebook profile picture is one where I have long hair - because I added it to celebrate Niko. I haven't had long hair in almost 6 months. I don't look the same. How would he know it was me?
  • His profile picture is a child's picture. For some reason that creeps me out.
  • He only has 3 saved profile pictures, but the others he does look SEMI decent and there are, indeed, some tagged pictures.
  • He has added about 6 girls on his Facebook over the past few days (yes I did my research). Doesn't that make you think that he probably sent the email to all of those girls too? Perhaps he is a weirdo on the prowl?
  • He used a LOT of naughty words in the message. I am sorry, but if you want to honestly get to know someone, you don't jump right in with the F-bomb, you know? You treat every woman like a lady until they confirm that it is acceptable to swear in front of them.
  • His name looks fake. Bobbi Raven.
  • The subject line said "No guts no glory". Weird.
  • He looks a little like my brother Kevin. Pretty gross :)

So, I guess I am putting it out there to all of you. Which of these things should I do:
  • He is a creeper. Block him from my FB
  • Make him clarify exactly when and where he saw me. Then I can figure out if I was there.
  • Ask the mutual friends if he is a creeper. Mind you, I am not really close with the mutual friends.
  • Run naked through the streets with urine all over me...just kidding
  • Maybe he is telling the truth. Interested in me? Probably not not telling the truth.
  • Something else?
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I am really curious to see what everything thinks.


I Sazzle because I don't let "I like you" cloud my red flag finding skills anymore.

9 comments:

  1. Super Creepy, Block him this second!!! His name alone (without the sketchy story) makes me think it's no good at all, BLOCK HIM!!!!

    Down the road ask your friends about it, if they say he's a good guy and the story is true, you can figure it out, but until then...BLOCK HIM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way. Block him. I think he saw your pic on your mutual friends' friends list and is trying to pull something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definite creeper..block him, you don't need that drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the other girls, creeper! And very creepy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say block him...creepy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Block him Stephanie. If he looks like Kevin he is cute, but still block him.

    ReplyDelete