Friday, October 23, 2009

Not Doing it Tomorrow - But it WILL Happen

The 5K is tomorrow morning. I'm not doing it. Please don't judge - there are very valid reasons.

My first 5K has to be done RIGHT. There have been a few things that have gotten in my way.
  • With Niko, the schedule of early morning walks is tiring - it has taken until Friday for me not to be exhausted all day long. New schedules require a lot of work
  • While Niko and I are walking enough to exhaust her - we haven't been running a lot. Poor girl is fat and doesn't have the endurance yet
  • We are jogging/running more and more each day - but neither one of us is used to running like that outside so we are both adjusting
  • I haven't compensated by getting on the treadmill - she is scared of it - plus I am so happy to be with her that we have cuddled a TON
  • I have had a cold all week - and tonight I am running a slight fever. I am afraid of what tomorrow will bring
  • Until yesterday I was getting massive shin splints each time I ran. It is getting better now. Conditioning
The most important thing is that I am NOT running very much since Niko came. Not enough. It is going to take some time to get used to everything. I want to REALLY celebrate my first 5K. This one would be an embarrassment. But, Niko and I HAVE to walk/run/jog outside. By the spring, we will be more conditioned and I will be proud to run the 5K.  Perhaps the whole reason is that I am competitive and know that I wouldn't have a competitive performance.

...and...nobody else is doing the run anymore.

BUT - MARK MY WORDS - I WILL DO IT before the end of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment