Thursday, October 8, 2009

Offended = Removed

I have deleted the "Creeper" from my Facebook. Not because he didn't contact me (I got an email from him last night) and not because he is a "Creeper" but because he put the following comment on his Facebook wall:

"Damn...when is Jesus going to accept my friend request?"

Am I the only one that finds this seriously offensive?

First: I have been telling this guy that I would like to find a church to go to. If he wanted to impress me - this is certainly not the way.

The only reason I haven't gone is that I am really quite a chicken about going to a new place all by myself. There are two churches about 2 blocks from my apartment. One is a Reformed Church, which is how I was raised. However, I am chicken. I need to get up the nerve or find someone that will go with me.

Second: Obviously, Jesus is everyone's friend. Don't make a reference like that. It is inappropriate and seriously offensive. You are not amusing.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

6 comments:

  1. Seriously you don't need a friend like that. And you really just should go to the church, you might be surprised on how people greet you. Also that might be a good place to meet guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...don't really have a desire to meet guys Mom. I just don't want to go by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just go to the church. It's entirely possible that no one will even notice you're new. When I was in college I dated a guy who went to a different church every weekend. Weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH! I would have been PISSED!!! Stephanie if you want to go to Mars Hill with me sometime, let me know. Otherwise I wanna start looking for another church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John - Girdlestone? Or, another John?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, offensive. I say go to church, it's good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete