Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend of High Highs and Low Lows

As life goes, we go through some really difficult moments. It is nice when those moments are accompanied with some good ones. This weekend had some trivial highs and lows along with some real ones.

Unfortunately, the weekend started out sad. On Friday, Matt Bushen passed away. For those of you that don't know, Matt was in my grade at Fremont High School. Now, I never hung out with Matt, but he was one of those people that you couldn't help but love. He was one of those guys that was nice to everyone. When something like that happens, you are reminded that your issues are trivial. While they are still rough and painful, it is nothing compared to losing someone.

Well, sorry to start out on a bad note. Some good things DID happen.

My workouts are doing good. Mon-5miles, Tues-5miles, Wed-3miles, Thurs-5miles, Fri-4miles. I have lost 20 pounds total. Only 15 left to go!!!

Saturday morning was quite a high high. Jason was supposed to bring Bryce to his rocket football game and thus dropped Niko off on the way. Hurray!!! A day with my baby!!!

Come to find out, the game was cancelled due to the weather, so Jason and Bryce hung out for awhile. Is this a low or a high? Not quite sure. It was wonderful getting to be with Bryce - and since they were there it helped calm Niko down. I read to Bryce and got to cuddle with him. It is unfortunately a low because Jason keeps going back and forth - saying I can see Bryce, I can't, I can, I can't. It is never-ending. Each time I see Bryce it is hard because I don't know if it will be the last time. That is a very low low.

High high: MSU beat U of M. Happy days!

The biggest high high of the weekend - more than 24 hours with my baby!!! We alternated between cuddling and playing with her ball. I have some great pictures I will upload soon. She was comfortable and happy. The only issue was when the neighbors upstairs were making noise. I think they might be moving because the amount of noise coming from their apartment the past few days is out of control. Each time there was a loud noise, she would get between me and the door. What a good little protective girl!!!

The last low was when Jason came to pick her up. Now, I don't want to complain so I am going to keep this quite short. He wants one of us to give her up - preferably me.

Anyway: I am not going to let him cloud my weekend. I got to spend time with my baby. Everything happens for a reason and someday this nightmare will be over. I am lucky to be alive and have friends and family that are healthy and happy.

I especially Sazzle today because I originally put many more mean details in the paragraph about Jason and I deleted them. Nothing comes from complaining. Life will work itself out.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure that Bryce really enjoyed the time with you so just enjoy what time you do have with him and try not to worry about things. That is really awesome that you lost 20 pounds, I need to start getting back on my treadmill also. You sazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job losing weight! I have a hard time believing you have enough weight to lose 15 more. Better watch out or you'll blow away in the wind. I'll be thinking about you as you make these decisions. Life does have a way of working itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked with Matt's Mom occassionally when I worked at Gerber Hospital, she was such a sweet person, I feel so bad for their family. It sounds like it was for the best though.

    I think your ex is just playing games, if I were you I would take the high road and just not play along at all! Sazzle doesn't play games!

    Great job on your 20 pounds! Keep it up, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to keep things all in perspective and take the high road. As hard as it is with all of the strings attached, the less time you think about Jason, the happier you will ultimately be. Sazzle on friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really nice that you were able to spend some QT with Bryce and Niko! Keep that positive mindset woman--you will continue to go places! See you tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the support everyone!

    ReplyDelete