Friday, October 9, 2009

Getting Ready for Niko

As you all know, I leave for NYC on Sunday. Right after I get back, I am going to be picking up Niko so she can live with me. Obviously, I am really excited! It's funny but I hope the NYC trip goes by quickly!

Tonight and tomorrow I need to pack and prepare for her arrival. Cleaning, vacuuming, etc...

PetSmart was graced with my presence a few hours ago. There were a few things I needed to get.
  • Not very exciting, I needed to get a tray to put her dishes on. Niko is quite a sloppy eater. Food and water go everywhere! Although, most of the time she is drinking out of the toliet, not the water dish.
  • Next I got her some new balls. She has this one ball that I have had to replace about 4 times already. She is quite particular about it. It is bright pink with colorful knobs and it has an annoying squeak. I hate the ball, but it really makes her happy. She plays with it more than any other ball. Well, PetSmart had little versions of it but not her size. What they DID have were the holiday balls she likes. She has a Santa ball that she loves. I got her 2 Halloween balls - she is going to love them.
  • She needed a new dog tag with MY phone number on it.
  • I really wanted to get her a Halloween costume. If you look on my blog, you can see the cute Bumblebee I was last Halloween. Come to find out, PetSmart has one for dogs. Isn't it cute? Too bad they didn't have it in her size.
  • Last but most certainly not least, I got her a new stuffed animal. A pink dragon. SO cute! It crinkles and has a squeaker. She is going to go NUTS for the dragon.


Can you tell that I am so excited for her to move in? Can't wait to have my baby with me!!!!

6 comments:

  1. We (I) went nuts at Pet Smart went we got Molly. Just tonight D.B. found a toy in the cupboard that we haven't given her. I think that is a sure sign she is spoiled.

    Look into the Himalayan Dog Chews, Niko will be the happiest dog in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they hypo-allergetic? The vet thinks she might have food allergies - hense her chronic ear infections. She actually has to go through allergy testing and I have to stop giving her table scraps :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. She loves her table scraps..especially pancakes and blueberry muffins. Yes she is a very sloppy eater and you do spoil her but that is OK. I spoil Sarah although she doesn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting ready to buy Sage a new outside toy. Those big balls with the handle on top. I think he will LOVE it. Sage loves his squeaky ball too. I think it's the same one Niko has cause it's exactly as you described. I hate the ball too and hide it sometimes but he always finds it. He loves his ball. It has a hole in it so I have to get him a new one. But he's had it for a year! I am excited Niko is coming home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The himalayan dog chews pretty much have nothing in them so I'm assuming they are hypoallergenic. Check out the website.

    We like them because they don't break apart or splinter, and they last forever. Molly loves them because they are stinky and delicious.

    ReplyDelete