Thursday, October 15, 2009

NYC

Hi Sazzlerific friends!!!

It has been a bit since I have blogged, but I have been in NYC. Can you believe I didn't even take any pictures? Craziness!

I am busy tonight - gotta run and then I am going to pick up my Niko for good, so I will keep this short and just give you the highlights:
  • I was in NYC from Sunday to Wednesday night
  • I stayed in the Best Western in Chinatown. It rocked. Luckily, the General Manager used to work with me so I got a bit of a deal on a very nice room.
  • I worked out in the fitness center a lot - so I didn't gain a bunch of weight even though I ate a ton.
  • Perhaps I did get lost in the subway for an hour or so - but it was a difficult subway.
  • Fortunately, I slept really well while there.
  • Forgot my cellphone charger at home. Luckily, I had my work cell and charger. But, FB doesn't work well on the work cell.
  • Sushi every single day :) There are 2 great places right next to the office - GOOD take-out.
  • Speaking of next to the office - did I mention that a Starbucks is attached to the office? Pumpkin spice lattes every day...mmmmm
  • The office is on the 11th floor. My ears would pop, I would lose my stomach and get vertigo every time I went up and down the elevator.
  • One night happy hour with the office - I DID get lost going to the bathroom - but Victoria told me to turn right, not left. I ended up in the kitchen and the manager asked me if I wanted to wash dishes.
  • Had dinner in Little Italy with Natalia one night. Best ravioli ever!
  • Dinner one night consisted of a Frenchman, Englishman, Austrialian woman and little 'ole me :)
  • I accidentally brought the "Pee Key" home. (You have to use a key to get into the bathroom)
  • Meetings and work went well
  • Got to sit next to Natalia all week. She rocks!
  • I actually slept VERY well...oh, I mentioned that already
  • My flight home was weird. You walk out the terminal, down stairs, onto a bus, ride to the plane, then get out and board...weird.
  • Meetings went well.
  • Found out that I have another big project at work coming up VERY soon. Nothing like the 3 biggest projects ever.
  • Booked my flight for Amsterdam. Going for 6 days in December.
  • My arm condition got a bit worse right before I left. Another large red mark, swollen and a couple of blisters.
  • Very good trip but Very glad to be home.
Now I am off to go pick up my baby so she can live with me forever!!!!

I Sazzle because I do. That's all :)

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I have had a skin condition like that twice now and I'm pretty convinced it's related to stress. Although, I tend to have lots of fun physical symptoms related to stress. Glad you had a great time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip overall, and I'm so glad to hear that you finally got some SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the rash could be stress related. You have been under a lot of stress. Wanted to tell you that I am happy you got Niko. She is good for you, and you get a sleeping partner. Nice. And by the way she is an awesome dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're home and glad you got Niko. I missed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete