Saturday, October 24, 2009

Urine Collection Part 2

Sigh.

The vet called today and informed me that Niko probably drank too much water before I collected her first urine sample. It was too deluted.

What does that mean? Oh friends, that means I have the JOY of collecting another sample... However, this should be the last sample. I am to bring Niko in with the sample right after I collect it. If it is still too weak, they can draw a bit of blood and compare some numbers. That should be able to prove whether or not she has kidney disease.

Game Plan:
Next Saturday we will sleep in. YAY!
As soon as we get up, we will collect pee (I think I will go back and get another tray and gloves)
Then, we will hop in the car and go to the vet
Hopefully the whole thing won't take that long. They can test the sample in 20 minutes.

I Sazzle because I'm not freaking out that I need to collect another sample. I am a good Mommy. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

  1. That really sucks that you have to do it again.. My fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete