Sunday, October 18, 2009

Most Sazzlerific Weekend Ever!

Ok folks - going to get a bit sappy for a second. Please bare with me. I have been so happy this weekend that I have been teary-eyed. My life is so much better with Niko here. She makes me feel like myself again. I can't explain it, but having her here makes everything ok. My stress seems to have completely melted away.


Ok...done with the sappy-ness/mess...onto the fun stuff. This weekend totally Sazzled!!!


Friday Sazzled:
  • I didn't work. That Sazzled :)
  • Niko is ALL caught up on shots. I know she is in good health and know what I need to do to get her in better health
  • Dinner with Angela rocked! A couple of shots and talking to the guitar player was fun!
  • Here is a picture of us at Dane before it started.


  • DANE COOK ROCKED!!! Did I mention that I was at the stage when he entered and exited? Look at how close we were!!!



  • After Dane, Angela and I met up with Tami and her husband as Z's. I embarrassed myself and thought some other dude was Tami's husband...but apparently didn't look anything like him...Angela had a good laugh.


  • Here is a pic of Tami and me. Her camera rocks! I was glad I could give her the eye mask I promised her a few months ago.


  • Friday night I didn't get lost going home - which is quite an accomplishment as I get lost very easy. Someone once told me: "Stephanie can get lost in a box" which is sadly probably true :)
Saturday Sazzled:
  • Niko and I walked Kent Trails for excercise and to practice more on the leash. Before she moved in with me she had only been on a leash a couple of times. I think her progress is doing pretty well. Funny enough, I am trying to get her to understand her commands outside of the apartment. In the apartment, she will sit, lay down, shake, speak and roll over easily. Once you get her outside, she becomes deaf and doesn't listen. So, I have been playing this game that when she sits outside (after a lot of coaxing) we can run really fast. However, now every time I say "good girl" she now wants to sprint. When she walks slowly next to me I say good girl and she speeds up. Perhaps she needs a treat when she sits instead. :)
  • I was complaining to mom about the stuff I have to carry when I am walking Niko - cellphone, keys, poop bags, etc... Then I realized that it would be easy to just get Niko a backpack. What do you all think?
  • Here is a pic of Niko walking the trails. Do you see how happy she is?

  • Abby came over for movie night. It was a blast! We watched The Proposal - which she actually didn't hate! Then, she made me watch Boondock Saints. Sort of a weird movie - but quite good and I recommend it to everyone that likes a bit of blood and action. Love spending time with Abby! Plus, she spoils Niko. Last night Niko got sunflower seats, pizza crust, and wings. She was in HEAVEN with the chicken. Normally she drools over popcorn but she wouldn't touch it because we had chicken wings. You should have seen her grab the wing out of Abby's hand (Abby was going to let her nibble but Niko grabbed the whole thing)...and then Abby had to reach her hand into Niko's mouth to grab it back out. It was quite funny. We stayed up until almost 4am and Abby had to work in the morning...ooops!
  • Here is a pic of Niko and me that Abby took. Have you seen anyone ever so happy?


Sunday Sazzled:
  • Sunday was less about "getting stuff accomplished" and more "create a checklist for the things I want to accomplish this week". The list is coming along nicely :)
  • Niko and I took 2 long walks on Kent Trails. She loved it. It is so funny to see how excited she gets when I say "do you want to go on a walk".
  • Rest, rest, rest and relaxation :)
  • Funny story: A squirrel climbed onto my balcony while Niko was sound asleep cuddling with me on the couch. Very casually, I said, "huh...there is a squirrel". The second Niko heard "squirrel" she jumped up and ran to the slider - growling and barking at the squirrel. I thought she was going to break the glass she wanted it so bad :)
  • This is Niko watching the squirrel ... wanting so bad to eat it :)
  • And, last but most certainly not least - Kim made me the fantastic header you now see on my blog. It is wonderful and very cool of her to do.
So, that was my wonderful weekend - it SOOOO Sazzled :) Now, off to dinner and finishing my checklist. Perhaps I will accomplish one or 2 of the items before bed.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend. I understand what you mean about being so happy with your life you're teary eyed. That's awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying being with Niko and you're getting a lot of exercise! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are so happy..Niko is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random question...what is a sunflower seat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see that things are going well. It's very important to make sure your Niko is in good health. Gracie does shots and loves corona... Man she has a good life. She's as healthy as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I haven't commented in awhile, but not too sorry because you never visit my blog anymore either, ha! Thanks again for the eyemask, it totally sazzles! Oh, and love love love your new header!

    ReplyDelete