Monday, October 26, 2009

Niko Has a Boyfriend

Niko met a boy tonight and I am so happy for her!

I was a good Mommy and took her for a jog in the rain. As we came back soaking wet and tired, we ran into a guy (Mark) and his dog, Sammy.

Sammy looks like a yellow lab with the back coloring of a German Shephard. He is a shephard/lab/husky mix and so pretty - and big! He is really tall!!!

Well, Niko and Sammy fell in love. Come to find out, Sammy is only a month older than Niko so they are at the same developmental stage. I unleashed Niko and the two chased each other like they were best friends. Mark even gave Niko a treat (he had been carrying groceries).

Then, Mark showed me a little trail off of Kent Trails where apparently the owners of the big dogs take their "children" to run without leashes. Sort of an under-ground dog park for the big kids - right in my back yard. While we were walking there and back, Sammy and Niko were running, chasing, and playing. I have never seen her happier.

So glad I was a good Mommy and took her jogging in the rain! I Sazzle!

Side note: yes, Mark is cute...and I know where he lives :) We shall see if we run into them again...strictly for Niko and Sammy, of course :)

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear more about Mark! Oh, and I love the song you have on here right now!

    ReplyDelete