Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sazzle and Squeakers: Together Again

Many of you have been waiting for this blog. Frankly, I have been dying to write it!

Let's just recap the story: Jason and I got a dog together. Niko: aka Squeakers aka Kramer aka Rasheed aka Princess...and many more. She is 2 1/2 and beautiful. She is a huge chocolate lab and I love her. While we did, indeed, get her and raise her together, she is my dog. I paid every bill she ever had, I took care of her for two weeks before he even met her, for 8 months I woke up at 5am to cuddle on the couch with her for 2 hours before I had to go to work - that only ended when she began sleeping with us, speaking of sleeping - she slept on MY legs all night, she is AKC certified under my name alone, and I was the one that nursed her to health after she got fixed. Yes, Jason loves her and cares for her and cuddles with her and excercises her - but she is MY dog.

When we broke up, the arrangement was that she would stay with him at the house ONLY because then she would have the yard. Also, the arrangement was that I would get to see her whenever I wanted. A few weeks ago, Jason said that he never wanted to see me again (perfectly fine with me) and that one of us had to give her up. He said he was prepared to buy Bryce a new dog. As she is ultimately MY dog, I took her. When he realized I was serious, he fought it for a bit - but finally realized that a court would grant me custody so he gave in.

Thursday night I picked her up. Honestly, the pick up went better than planned. I was really worried that he would "hide" her somewhere. Luckily he gave her up. He was, of course, upset. Who could blame him? She is AWESOME! However, my intention was never to completely take her away from him. I reiterated that anytime he and Bryce want to see her, all he has to do is call.

So, how has it gone? PERFECTLY. My princess has cuddled with me and played and we have went on walks along Kent Trails. She is happy and relaxed. We are both content as can be. I haven't been this happy with my life in at least 2 years. It is just me and Squeakers :)

Let's chat about what we have done:
  • Friday morning she woke me up at 3am to go potty - but she really wanted to play.
  • After playing for a bit, we went back to bed and woke up a bit later.
  • We went for an hour-long walk/run on Kent Trails.
  • My mom showed up, as she was in town, and Niko was excited to see her.
  • Remember the pink dragon? Niko loves it and carries it everywhere. What should I name her pink dragon?
  • Niko went to the vet. That will be a separate blog :)
  • We cuddled.
  • Today another long walk with Niko on Kent Trails.
  • She is currently sleeping at my feet, cuddling with her pink dragon - content as can be.
I am so happy. Here are a few pics of all the fun:





Walking on Kent Trails









Loving her REALLY annoying sqeaky Halloween ball.











Don't you love how happy she is?















She loves the pink dragon so much. She hasn't been more than a few feet from it for the last 2 days!



I Sazzle because I would NEVER, even for a second, say "take her". EVER. That is why she is my dog and she deserves to be with her mommy. It is hard having her in an apartment but I am going to do everything she needs me to do to make her happy. That's what Mommy's do.

1 comment: